[Zope] Re: RE: [Zope] Zope on LinuxPPC--works fine

Deirdre Saoirse dsaoirse@linuxcare.com
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:31:37 -0700

> MacOS X (which is much better for -surprise surprise- non-server users)
> looks like it may present some new challenges.  But it's also newer
> technology (with more benefits from MkLinux and Darwin than MacOS X
> Server currently has).  I'll keep folks posted.

It's *really* a Workstation OS, not a server OS. Despite my love of
Linux, there are "creature comforts" in MOSXS that simply aren't
there on Linux yet. Like a decent diagramming program (Glyphix). Or a
decent Entity-Relationship modeller (EOModeler). As that's what I'm
doing for a good chunk of my day, MOSXS makes sense. Plus my coworker
toasted her Blue & White G3 with a LinuxPPC 5 install and I'm
waiting for her to fix it so I'm sure my install will work. :)

> And ANYONE with knowledge of how Openstep framework packages should be
> set up (when you don't have the luxery of making a Framework project in
> ProjectBuilder) I'd be delighted to hear from.  ObjectiveEverything
> keeps its regular Python 1.4 libraries in such a Framework and I'd love
> to hear how to keep the two both together and seperate.

Some of the GnuStep people MUST know this. I do know that almost
everything is really text-based (as is the Unix convention). I was
able to successfully edit EOModeler models last year (after a few bad
trials). Also, some of the key developers (like those at Omniweb)
would know I'm sure.

> And anyone who knows why I have common symbols that are not allowed with
> MY_DYLIB output format, I'd also love to hear from.  ;)

Now that I don't know.

_Deirdre Saoirse         Systems Analyst         Linuxcare
           dsaoirse@linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/
             415 354-4878 x252           415 701-7457 fax
                   Linuxcare. At the Center of Linux.