[Zope] external search engines (altavista, etc.)

Mike Pelletier mike@zopeware.com
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:50:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Clarence T. Pate wrote:

> Can search engines such as AltaVista mine the information out of a Zope
> website.  I have seen responses to other questions that there are ways
> to use a search engine to search a Zope website, but can the commercial
> laces search the website.  It would be nice for other places to know
> about things in your website, unless you want it to be private.

    Just for the record, I've seen several robots crawl through my Zope sites
and later found them indexed on the comercial engines.  So, yeah, it works!

Mike.

--
       ---              |  Mike  Pelletier  |      Paid to be a geek!
        /opeware!       | mike@zopeware.com | You'd have to hire KryoTech