[Zope] How stable is the 2.0 alpha release?

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:59:48 +0200

Great, what about all the things mentioned in the 2.0.0a1 release notes?
Release notes mention that alpha 2 "will be released in the week of May
26," which obviously did not happen. Are you behind schedule?

The alpha 1 todo list is relatively serious, eg., "Most database
adapters are likely to be problematic [...] when running Zope 2 with
multiple threads" -- eek! Which ones are subject this to this problem?

I could not find documentation on compatibility issues with ZODB2,
either (probably covered on this list at some point; would you care to
repeat?), ie. can I just copy by data.bbb into the alpha version?

Do you recommend updating the sources from the public CVS after
installing alpha 1?