[Zope] Split the list again?

Mike Pelletier mike@zopeware.com
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 12:15:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Alexander Staubo wrote:

> I posted mine at 17:16 (local time), received your reply at 17:31,
> fifteen minutes. That's not bad if the response to a query is good. :-)
>
> If speed is essential, nothing is stopping you from cc:ing to the person
> you're conversing with.

    See, my round-trip time was 30 minutes.  That's nasty.  Another benefit
of the dual-delivery system is the very filtering you talked about.  Zope
stuff gets filtered into a box and I read it in bulk a few times a day.  But
stuff I'm directly involved in I want to deal with immediately.  If it's
delivered to me directly, it doesn't get filtered and it gets my attention
right away.  Otherwise, there is a good chance I will miss it entirely.

    The present system works out well for me.  I hit reply, and I'm asked,
"Reply to all?"  If I say no, it goes only to the person in question.  If I
say yes, it also goes to the list.  The only time it's inconvenient is when
I'm replying to YOU, because I know you only want it to go to the list!  ;-)

    Anyhow, my vote is to stay with the current system, and with that I will
stop polluting the list with, except to suggest "zope-list-list", a list for
discussing zope lists.  ;-)

Mike.

--
       ---              |  Mike  Pelletier  |      Paid to be a geek!
        /opeware!       | mike@zopeware.com | You'd have to hire KryoTech