[Zope] FTP and apache?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:44:34 -0400

The easiest way is to install Zap (which I think you said you had), make
sure it works without ZServer, stop Zap, make sure Zope is *not*
running, and then run z2.py like this:

python1.5.2 z2.py -w -p /path/to/Zope.cgi -d your.nameserver.ip.addr

You sould see Zope start up and say that it is running a PCGI channel.

If you don't specify a -p, then Zope will assume Zope.cgi in the same
directory as z2.py, which is the normal case, so you can really omit the
whole -p option if you wish.

Note, Zap and ZServer will want to use the SAME tcp port (9673) to
listen for HTTP requests.  To turn off HTTP for ZServer (so that only
Apache is listening) specify '-w' on the z2 command line (as I did
above).  Alternatively, you can change the port ZServer listens on by
saying '-w port'.

Next, fire up Zap 'Zap/startzap' and turn your browser to the location
and port that *apache* is listening on.  You'll see (in the console you
ran Zope in) PCGI log a connection, and all should work well.

-Michel