[Zope] Revoking authentication (or: logging out)?

Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:32:18 +1000

>>> Anthony Baxter wrote
>
> If you use the "unsupported" UserDB system, you can store the auth info
> in cookies, instead of basic auth. You can then do a 'logout' by calling
> acl_users/docLogout.
>
> (or even modify the UserDB code to add an expiry date to the cookie)

oops, almost forgot - we're using this here, and I've had _some_ reports
that IE won't properly expire the cookie. So make sure whatever you do,
test test test.

(If someone can give a definitive answer on this, that would be great -
otherwise I'll dig into it over the next day or so).

Anthony