[Zope] win32 binaries for Zope 2 ?

michel@digicool.com michel@digicool.com
16 Jun 1999 22:07:30 -0600

Kent Tenney <ktenney@win.bright.net> writes:

> are they available? if so where?
> if not, when?
>
> TIA
> Kent

There aren't any any alpha binaries for any platform.  This is
intentional.  You must be able to compile your own to get an alpha
working.  Binaries are provided for betas.

Unfortunately this means we seldom hear from the Windows crowd (other
than a few hard core windows folks with compilers) due to the
expensive nature of most windows compiler products.

There is, however, a glimmer of hope with cygwin.  If you can get Zope
to compile with cygwin and gcc, then you're on.  Please pass on your
experiences if you do.

If I had Windows, I'd give it a go myself.

-Michel