[Zope] Login Button?

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:19:59 -0400

> Hi all,
>
> What part of the Zope-mystery would I call to make use of a login button, I
> know how to check for particular access, but I would like to create a page
> that has certain functionality for 'anonymous' but offers more functionality
> if the user authenticates after clicking on a button/link/etc.

Michel gave you one option (using the current Basic Authentication)
schema...in the Portal Toolkit, I've just started a redesign (to be
completed today I hope) of the Membership piece... what it basically allows
is you to use cookie authentication, provide your own page to initialize
this cookie, but if the user doesn't have it, and they need some
authentication to access a component it gets it via Basic Auth and sets the
cookie...

This was the only scheme we could come up with that would work with ALL
access methods.

Chris