[Zope] Making zope work with ad serving software

Andrew Bunner bunner@massquantities.com
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 18:37:58 -0700

>I notice that you're not specifiying exactly what the link from the
>image is. Your best bet is to have the link go, not to the target site,
>but to a "click-through server" that will log the click and its
>originating page and then redirect to the actual destination.

  You are absolutely right! A little more research reveals that the link should
actually be to the ad serving CGI... which then spits out a "Location: \n\n"
header after doing the logging. This means it ought to work just fine with Zope
as long as we make the CGI requests not get "intercepted" by a Zope server.

  Thanks for your insight!

-- Andrew

   Andrew Bunner
   President, Mass Quantities, Inc.
   bunner@massquantities.com
   Professional Supplements for the Perfect Physique
   http://www.massquantities.com