[Zope] ANN: Zope XML-RPC!

Eric Kidd eric.kidd@pobox.com
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 10:02:49 -0400

On Sun, Jun 20, 1999 at 02:09:13PM +0100, Robin Becker wrote:
> a bit more debugging reveals that with the corrected URL I'm getting
> back to HTTPRequest at line 203 with the response body being
> response.body=
> <?xml version='1.0'?>
> <methodResponse>
> <params>
> <param>
> </param>
> </params>
>
> </methodResponse>
>
> ie the xml handling is working at that level and seems to go wrong after
> the function call is made.

This looks like a good response. But you definitely shouldn't be seeing a
fully formed response on line 203 of HTTPRequest:

  202:meth, self.args = xmlrpc.parse_input(fs.value)
  203:response=xmlrpc.response(response)

At this point, the response object has just been created. You shouldn't be
getting a valid response body until the object has been published, which
requires making it back out to line 256 of Publish:

  255:response=request.response # could have changed!
  256:response = publish(request, module_name, after_list, debug=debug)

Or am I missing something really obvious?

Cheers,
Eric