[Zope] Cookie differences between IE and Netscape

Graham Chiu anon_emouse@hotmail.com
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 08:26:51 +1200

In article <376CD47D.ADE56055@trust.ee>, Hannu Krosing <hannu@trust.ee>
writes
>The only reliable way to stop cacheing seems to be changing the url each
>time ;(
>
>I have done it by appending a timestamp as an argument to the
>referencing url.
>so that /site.com/personal_welcome becomes
>/site.com/personal_welcome?T=12432354335

Hi Hannu,

Thanks for the tip.  I am using the navigation bar from the zdp site.

So, I changed it to

Which works.  IE now behaves like Netscape on my development site.
I guess a timestamp is less processor intensive, so I'll try that next.

>Usually having /cgi-bin/ in the url also has the effect of disabling
>cacheing.

I tried that first, and it didn't work.

I do find it a little curious that I've never come across this caching
problem with IE before.

Now, if someone could explain to me what I am doing wrong with the
cookie which needs to be refreshed before the value is obtained, I'll be
able to finish my site :-)

-------
Regards,        Graham Chiu
gchiu<at>compkarori.co.nz