[Zope] ZClasses 'problemette'

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:39:40 +0100

Hi all,
I'm trundling through Amos' new tutorial on ZClasses and I've found
something a little weird.

I'm trying to change the properties on an existing CDClass Instance
called mycd.

I'm using a DTML Method (tried it with a DTML Document too with the
same results) and the entire contents of it is:
<!--#var standard_html_header-->
<!--#call "mycd.manage_changeProperties({
'title' : 'A slight case of overbombing',
'artist' : 'The Sisters of Mercy',
'description' : 'Goth'
})" -->
<!--#var standard_html_footer-->

It's in the same folder as mycd as well.
Trouble is when I 'view' this document, it sets the title property of
the *folder* to 'A slight case of overbombing'. I've checked this out
by making a new property of the enclosing folder called 'description'
and the same thing happens.

Ok, it's gotta be me....what am I doing wrong?
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2