[Zope] Zope/Python Positions Available

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:35:45 -0500

I'm looking for two additional people for my team in Boca Raton, FL.
You'll be working with Zope and Python/C ZPublisher applications.  I'm
looking for a balance between two people covering the following (overall)
skillset, so please contact me even if you only have a portion of the
following:

* Experience coding interactive, client-side JavaScript for intranet apps
to run on version 3 *or lower* browsers (we avoid code that requires any
browser less than one year old.)  Especially if you've done this with DTML
that customizes the JavaScript...

* Zope w/SQL, LDAP, and "pluggable brains"

* Multithreaded Python and/or coding C extensions a plus, ExtensionClass
hacking is a major plus

* Experience working in a training or consulting role as part of
application development

* System administration experience, especially Unix and Sybase, SGI IRIX a
plus.

In addition to some or all of the above, you should have strong
understanding of the basics of the Zope Way, and be skilled in DTML and/or
Python.

You'll be working on the primary request-tracking system for the web
hosting division of the world's largest web hosting company (~260,000
domains currently being served), which tracks requests for the tech
support, customer service, system administration, billing, and other
departments serving in the neighborhood of 100,000 domains.  We are
regularly expanding the number of users as the company's hosting
acquisitions are integrated, as well as expanding the scope and features of
the basic application.  We are also planning a complete-rewrite of the
system as a distributed workflow engine based on SWAP, XML-RPC, or WebDAV
as its interaction protocol.

And so, we need people *now*.  You'll be working with other Zopemeisters -
four of them in fact, including myself - of varying degrees of Zope Zen.
Chances are you'll have the opportunity to create useful extensions to
Zope, which you'll be allowed to release back to the community, as you've
seen me do myself.

If you're interested and available, please e-mail me privately with a
resume, but more importantly with a brief description of your
qualifications as relevant to the above.  Also, please include your salary
requirements.

My time window for hiring is relatively short, so if you want a position,
you need to contact me *now*.  My e-mail box is standing by.  :)