[Zope] ANN: ZCatalog 1.0.0 alpha

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:13:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> Greetings Zopeheads.
>
> After much sweat and toil and 4 rewrites, we are pleased to announce the
> release of ZCatalog, the Zope Cataloging and Searching Product, version
> 1.0.0 alpha.

YES!

Michel you can now take a well deserved long vacation until tomorrow ;-)

One slight problem with the tutorial:

Congratulations, if all has gone well, you can now find references to any
word in your DTML pages. Try it by viewing search. Type a
common word in the Raw field, and you should be presented with a list of
hits. However, none of the results returned can be clicked on.
To fix this, go to the management view of report. report is called by
search to display the results from catalog. report is just a
simple loop with a few refinements. catalog knows which results to return
by looking at the REQUEST variable, which contains the
input from the search form.

       In the source of report, find the following line::

       Replace it with this::

       ">

This is due to a bug in StructuredText, not allowing <PRE> blocks inside
lists. I have a patched version at:

http://www.gaaros.com:9673/FAQ/StructuredText

but it is not the most efficient patch.

Once more ...