[Zope] ANN: Squishdot 0.1.5 released

Squishdot squishdot@yahoo.com
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 02:49:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi ya all,

After some delay, I've released a new version of
Squishdot which mainly fixes a weird behavior
of Squishdot regarding adding/deleting subject topics
under ZODB3.

Its now available both thru the Squishdot
website (members.tripod.com/squishdot/index.html) or
at the Zope contributed products page
(www.zope.org/Download/Contrib).

This is a maintenance release and includes no new
functionality.

Also a important note about the change: it changes
the data structure of Squishdot stored data (not just
the methods) so your Squishdot data may not be
compatible across versions 0.1.4 and 0.1.5. I havent
tested their compatibility. So it comes with this
warning : <WARNING> YMMV </WARNING> ;).

You can get more details about the changes and related
stuff at the Squishdot site's newsnotes page
(members.tripod.com/squishdot/newsnotes.html)

If you still encounter problems with this release,
keep sending your bug reports to squishdot@yahoo.com
where though it may take some time, they will
eventually be given due attention. Please remember
to prefix bug reports with [BUG REPORT] in the subject
line so they will automatically be filtered to the
trash, er, bug-report folder ;).

Also, I'd like to announce that preparation for
the next major releases of Squishdot (i.e. 0.3 and
0.5) is going to start within the next week or so.

I'm preparing a document discussing additional
functionality and features that may be implemented
for Squishdot -- this, I hope, will provide a starting
point for a focused discussion on the directions that
Squishdot will undertake in its development.

I'd like to invite everyone to add their input
by either writing directly to me (squishdot@yahoo.com)
or by joining the Squishdot mailing list
(squishdot@egroups.com) or by posts through the zope

I'm going to be spending the next week or two learning
about ZClasses and the ZCatalog to mine more ideas on
how to enhance Squishdot.

Best regards,

Butch

===