[Zope] RE: beginner's questions

Jens Vagelpohl tommymi@concentric.net
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 18:24:54 -0400

Michel wrote:

>Specify a -p argument to the ZopeHTTPServer process.  alternatively
>you can hardwire it, see the very end (port=9673) of the
>ZopeHTTPServer/ZopeHTTPServer.py file.

That did it... i didn't find it when i looked at the file the first time.
thanks.

>I would not suggest running ZopeHTTPServer for a grade.  It is not
>production software.  It was intended to allow people to quicky try
>out Zope back before we had ZServer, but now that there is ZServer,
>and it is just as simple to use as as ZopeHTTPServer, I would suggest
>trying that.

well, looking at the ZOPE site discouraged me a little... they say ZServer
is for "ZOPE hackers" and such. since i don't have any python experience yet
(just today i bought o'reilly's "learning python") i didn't think i could
pull it off in the timeframe i have. what i need to have up and running is a
demonstration, that's all. i am sure ZopeHTTPServer can handle it :)

jens