[Zope] Startup error Zope 2.0.0a3: Error 139

michel@digicool.com michel@digicool.com
27 Jun 1999 21:39:43 -0400

Alexander Staubo <alex@mop.no> writes:

> I really, really hate to be a pest, but could somebody at DC please look
> this way and at least make a small attempt at helping me out?
>
> Python 1.5.2 and Zope both compiled with gcc 2.8.1; relevant?

Were there any errors during the compile?  A core dump usualy means
that something went wrong in one of the C Extensions that caused a low
level exception, like accessing a NULL pointer.  It would be nice to
find out exactly where in the code this is happening.

First, I'd like to eliminate ZServer from the equation, could you go
to the lib/python directory and run python1.5.2, then:

>>> import Zope, ZPublisher
>>> ZPublisher.Main('/')

This will simulate a request for '/' (the root folder's index_html
method).  If this doesn't fail, then the problem is in ZServer (which
I find unlikely, there being no C in ZServer).  In the case of
failure, it will either happen after the import or after the call to
Main().  If the former, let us know that, if the latter, load python
and do the import and then try:

>>> ZPublisher.Main('/', d=1)

This will put you in the debugger (which you might want to read about
a bit on python.org if you don't know how to use it) using
combinations of (s)tep and (n)ext, try and narrow down right to the
line of code where the core dump is happening.

-Michel