[Zope] Sessions needed

TFE MMS JARVIS JOHN jarvis.sd082@ex.tel.co.jp
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 22:42:57 +0900

It might not satisfy all of your wishes, but...
You could use the CookieCutter to do this if you're fine with storing
pickled information
in cookies. Basically, it pickles a dictionary of objects into a cookie and
provides an
easy-to-use interface for settings and programming.
My application involves some complex queries and saves the user's search
selections on the client so they don't have to enter them with each session.

I quickly ran into the cookie number limit and needed a way to consolidate
the
information into a single cookie. I didn't want to go all the way building a
database
to store the data.
You can download it from the Zope contributed products page.

BTW, there is also a version of the CookieCutter with MD5 checksums for
security added by Mark Hays. I got really busy and never updated the version
on the
Zope Contrib page. I owe Mark an apology for that. Sorry!
If it's ok with the DC guys, should I post it separately? I don't know how
this is
usually done.

Anyway, give it a lookover--it's an easy read ;^)

John Jarvis

	 <SNIP>

> > Has anyone build a nice Zope product which does this?
> >

> I believe there is a product somewhere out there that lets you
> manipulate cookies in the browser to store some small amount of state
> (something like 4K) on the client.  I believe it was called
> CookieCutter.  This could be useful for your short term goals.
> Perhaps the author could chime in?

	 <SNIP>