[Zope] Zope and Apache - again

raver@box.dust.za.net raver@box.dust.za.net
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 16:54:04 +0100

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 12:28:49PM -0000, Phil Harris wrote:
> This may sound like a bit of an obvious suggestion, but it caught me out.
>
> Check the Directory directive for <apacheroot>/cgi-bin and make sure that
> the ExecCGI option is set.
>
> It should look something like this:
>
> <Directory "/www/cgi-bin">
>     AllowOverride none
>     Options ExecCGi
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> Apache 1.3.4 by default doesn't have the ExecCGI option set.
>
> HTH
>
> Phil

Unfortunately the ExecCGI option didn't help much. Thanks anyways.

I'm still stuck at the
point where I get 'Authorization failed'. I've checked and double checked my
Zope/access file and I use correct username and passwd. The filepermissions
should also be set correct (according to the instructions given in the
INSTALL.txt file). Problem is, as far as I can tell, connected to the way
the rewrite module does the rewrite....

Has anyone confirmed that the way the WEBSERVER.txt file says to rewrite the
authorization header actually works?

If it works - is there someone that can say exactly how apache should be
configured and compiled to get it working (best of all also put in a working
httpd.conf also)?

And again.....Appreciate all teh help I can get!