[Zope] Is a JPython implemention within the realm of possibil ity?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 14:46:52 -0500

<snip>
> So
> here's hoping we'll one day see Z-over-P-over-J.

I am not the expert about this, but: Zope is written entirely in Python,
except for a few 'kernel' like components written in C.  If you
translate these components into Java, you might just have something
there.  I'm not a Java guy so I have no real idea.

> Yeah.  I know it would have to be slower.

From what Ken was telling me JPython is actually quite well designed and
speedy, even for a Java program. :)  If you've commited yourself to Java
then I assume you've allready resigned yourself to the performance
penalty and are considering it in your engineering goals.  Performance
may not be your primary goal in the first place.

> Zope looks cool.

Oh it is.

> Bern McCarty

-Michel