[Zope] Connecting Zope to Sybase: Linux or Irix ?

Quinn Dunkan quinn@challenge.calarts.edu
Mon, 01 Mar 1999 14:17:08 -0800

philip wrote:
> At 02:29 PM 3/1/99 -0600, Jeff Bauer wrote:
> >
> >Does this include the latest version of PCGI?
> >
> >FWIW, I'm willing to work with anyone getting PCGI
> >to work on their platform of choice.
>
> The last version I tried was the one distributed with Zope 1.9.0 - it
> exhibited the same fail-on-process startup behavior as previous versions,
> so I went to ZServer as a stopgap until I could complete a FastCGI
> replacement.  I'm now using FastCGI, so it's no longer an issue.

I'm using pcgi from 1.9.0 (README says it's 2.0a4) under Irix 5.3 (yes, I
know, I keep bugging the sysadmin to upgrade :) ).  Occaisionally, pcgi fails
to start up, logging "Interrupted system call  (116) unable to connect, fd=4".
I also had the same problem when using FastCGI w/ threads: the application
would hang and I'd get an "interrupted system call" in the log after a while.
I have never experienced either of these problems under linux, so might this
be an Irix problem?  I remember that Philip also suspected an Irix
"sockets-and-threads-don't-mix" problem, which appears to be what I have
experienced as well.  Philip, is theaded FastCGI still broken on Irix?