[Zope] AUTHENTICATED_USER, and what you can do with it.

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 11:34:26 -0500

> > This is an excellent post.  I want to add that
> _getPassword() is a handy
> > function also if you want to use your Zope user to
> authenticate into an
> > external system, like POP3 or IMAP.
>
> It occurs to me that a DTML document could contain this in a
> transparent
> sendmail form, assuming there is already a handy Mailhost set
> up, to capture
> and mail off the password of anyone browsing the page...

Not really -- you can't access _getPassword() from DTML. You would
have to write an external method to do that (which implies that
you have access to the filesystem, and could get the passwords
anyway if you wanted them that bad...)

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909