[Zope] RFQ: Upgd Netscape 2.x auth patch to Netscape 3.5.x

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 13:58:27 -0500

Hello everyone:

Some of you may know that many moons ago we (Brian) developed a plug-in
for Netscape Enterprise Server (ES) 2.x (and FastTrack -- based on the
same libraries) that addressed Netscape's nasty habit of removing
authenticated_user information from the environment before calling CGI
apps.  Obviously, this has a deleterious effect on interesting zope
applications.

Fortunately (?), we are up to our armpits in projects and initiatives.
As a result, we need someone to do a bit of work to upgrade the plug-in
from ES 2.x to ES 3.5.x.  I can provide the following files from our 2.x
incarnation:

o  plug-in source code
o  obj.conf
o  magnus.conf

The source code is only 153 lines of generously formatted C (w/lots of
defs) so I'm hopeful that this isn't a HUGE task.  I'm interested in
hearing quotes from people in the community that have experience with
the NSAPI and would, for a reasonable fee, develop, compile (Solaris 2.6
and NT4) and test an upgraded plug-in.  The work would be contributed
back under the ZPL.

Naturally, I'd also entertain offers from people to do this for free!
:^)

--Rob

P.S. - I KNOW there are some NSAPI wizards out there so don't be shy!

--
Rob Page                  V: 540 371 6909
Digital Creations