[Zope] special characters

John Eikenberry jae@kavi.com
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 15:24:08 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:

> Grovelling through the source I find something called html_quote in
> lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py, so I tried:
>
> <!--#var nastyvar html_quote-->
>
> Which seems to so the right thing in the generated source. I'm not sure
> how to get at the equivalent method call, though.
>
> Does that help?

Yes. This is just what I was looking for.

This leads to a followup question/request for the group.

'manage_addProperty' calls various converters from ZPublisher.Converters
to format the properties values. Shouldn't html_quote be used when
formatting strings and text? This would be trivial to change. Would this
cause some problem I don't realize? If not, I'd like to add this to the
Collector for the next version.

---

John Eikenberry
[jae@kavi.com - http://taos.kavi.com/~jae/]