[Zope] Why ZMySQLDA dies with KeyError: unhandled...

Philip Aylesworth zopelist@regalint.com
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 08:32:45 -0500

I just ran into this error. When I did a SELECT * on joined tables it would
give the error but if I named the fields I needed it worked. I played with
it a little and got the error again when I named a field that ended in _num
in the SELECT. I have four such INT fields that I don't need, they are used
by the JOIN, and have _n counterparts in the JOINed tables (see SQL below).
As you can see my SELECT list is long and it would have been nice to just
use a * since I need almost all the fields.

Everything works fine in MySQL client but from Zope I can produce that error.

Maybe there is some conflict with the *_num names. What are your field names?

SELECT
  sonum,cust_name,cust_n,description,kickoff,delivery,
  comment,partnum,pm_n,pm_initials,cad_n,cad_initials,
  md_n,md_initials,mm_n,mm_initials,division,custdate,RD,
  manmeet,steel,exp_del
FROM
  jobinfo
  LEFT JOIN customer ON cust_n=cust_num
  LEFT JOIN pm ON pm_n=pm_num
  LEFT JOIN cad ON cad_n=cad_num
  LEFT JOIN md ON md_n=md_num
  LEFT JOIN mm ON mm_n=mm_num
WHERE
  <!--#sqltest division column=division type=string-->
  AND active='1'
ORDER BY
  sonum DESC

>On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Jordan B. Baker wrote:
>
>Why does my ZMySQLDA Z SQL Method die with a KeyError: unhandled message?
>
>Well, I was looking at the code for the MySQLmodule and it appears that it
>has problems handling some fields.
>
>This appears to be a limitation of the MySQLmodule.  It currently does not
>handle the LONGLONG datatype longer timestamps use.
>
>At least I assume its the LONGLONG that is messing it up.  I haven't
>looked into that much detail to be honest.

Phil A

Philip Aylesworth    zopelist@regalint.com
Regal International