[Zope] FIX: Levered Products on win32 (FAQ Tool)

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 16:40:35 -0800

Hi Guys:

I think I've nailed the problem that was keeping people from using the FAQ
Tool and levered products in general under windows.

I'd love some confirmation that this does or does not solve people's problems.

The fix is to open the product.dat file in 'rb' mode. To do this, change
line 420 of lib/python/App/Product.py to:

        f=CompressedInputFile(open(home+'/product.dat','rb'),name+' shshsh')

Again, let me know if this doesn't work for you.

-Amos

P.S. Here's a little FAQ to tide you over until you're happily building
your own ;-)

Q. What's the FAQ Tool any way?
A.  Find out for yourself at: http://www.zope.org/WebReview/

Q. What's a levered product?
A. A Product created through the web by building it inside the Control
Panel. See the Zope Manager's Guide for more information.