[Zope] Apache Authorization

Milos Prudek prudek@sol.cz
Tue, 09 Mar 1999 21:33:13 +0100

I have a problem with authorization under Apache 1.3.3
I can go to introductory screen but I can't get to ./manage screen. I
get Athorization failed, and when I pres cancel I get the traceback
below.

I have put the lines (with modification reflecting my placement of
Zope.cgi) from doc/WEBSERVER.txt at the top of my srm.conf file. I
wasn't sure where to put it, since according to Apache documentation the
directive is not inherited. Later I copied those lines to Virtual WWW
section of www.sol.cz but to no avail.

What does the line "Zope configuration maps /Zope/ to the Zope.cgi cgi
script" mean? I thought that all I need to do is put Zope.cgi in my
cgi-bin, put the above lines into srm.conf, and restart Apache...

You can try it on http://www.sol.cz/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi. name is superuser,
password is 123

# This is the traceback:

You are not authorized to access this resource. No Authorization header
found.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 877, in
publish_module
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 531, in
publish
    (Info: /manage)
  File /usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 297, in
unauthorized
Unauthorized: (see above)

--
Milos Prudek