[Zope] Another "no such file" failure...

Mike Meyer mwm@phone.net
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 23:58:25 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to get zope working to study it, but keep stumbling over
the "(102) failure during connect" error - with the "No such file or
directory" addendum.

The underlying OS is FreeBSD 3.1. I want to run it on an Apache web
server (at least for now), with the server doing the
authentication. That all appears to be working properly - after all,
I'm getting errors from pcgi, now, right?

The var directory is writable by nobody. In fact, the entire source
tree is owned by nobody, which is the user that the Apache httpd is
running as. However, I get log file entries from pcgi, even after
deleting the pcgi.log file. I initially tried copying the Zope.cgi
file to cgi-bin, but noticed that some (unspecified) setting in
Zope.cgi might need to change because of that, so I added a second
scriptalias to the Apache httpd.conf pointing at the source directory,
set the protections on it, and tried to load <URL:
http://localhost/Zope-bin/Zope.cgi/manage >. No change - the log file
records the same error message.

The pcgifile.py test reports

	error attempting: 'from cgi_module_publisher import publish_module'

This doesn't appear to exist in the distribution - and I recalled
something about that being a holdover from bobo, so I removed that
test from the script, and ran it again. The modified version runs
cleans.

Was I wrong about cgi_module_publisher? Should it be finding that? If
not, then what's the next thing to look at?

FWIW, here's the entry from httpd.conf section for Zope:

SriptAlias /Zope-bin/ "/home/mwm/external-src/Zope-1.10.2-src/"
<Directory "/home/mwm/external-src/Zope-1.10.2-src/">
	AllowOverride	None
	Options		None FollowSymLinks
	Auth_PGhost		sql
	Auth_PGport		5432
	Auth_PGdatabase		web
	Auth_PGpwd_table	users
	Auth_PGuid_field	name
	Auth_PGpwd_field	password
	Auth_PG_encrypted	off

	AuthName		"Zope"
	AuthType 		basic
	require			valid-user
</Directory>

And here's Zope.cgi:

#!/home/mwm/external-src/Zope-1.10.2-src/pcgi/pcgi-wrapper
PCGI_NAME=Main
PCGI_MODULE_PATH=/home/mwm/external-src/Zope-1.10.2-src/lib/python/Main.py
PCGI_PUBLISHER=/home/mwm/external-src/Zope-1.10.2-src/pcgi/pcgi_publisher.py
PCGI_EXE=/usr/local/bin/python
PCGI_SOCKET_FILE=/home/mwm/external-src/Zope-1.10.2-src/var/pcgi.soc
PCGI_PID_FILE=/home/mwm/external-src/Zope-1.10.2-src/var/pcgi.pid
PCGI_ERROR_LOG=/home/mwm/external-src/Zope-1.10.2-src/var/pcgi.log
PCGI_DISPLAY_ERRORS=1
BOBO_REALM=Zope
BOBO_DEBUG_MODE=1
INSTANCE_HOME=/home/mwm/external-src/Zope-1.10.2-src

	Thanx,
	<mike