[Zope] Mailhost problems.

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:37:57 +0100

At 04:02 10/03/99 , Jose.Lacal@icn.siemens.com wrote:

>Folks:
>
>I am still stuck with a sendmail / Mailhost problem. Everything works fine
>except mailing from a DTML document via sendmail.
>
><!--
> Error type:
> Error value: (111, 'Connection refused')
> -->

[SNIP]

>I am using:
>Red Hat 5.2
>Zope 1.10.2
>
>- I created a username of "zope_u" and a group "zope"
>
>- I did run the installation script with a command line like:
>        ./install -sAdmin:MyPassword -u zope_u -g zope
>
>- I created the Feedback and SendFeedback forms as per the manuals.
>
>- I added the user "zope_u" to the mail group.
>
>- I modified user zope_u's .bash_profile file to include the path to
>sendmail in /usr/sbin
>
>- If I log-in to the Linux server as zope_u, I _am_ able to call sendmail
>and to send mail outside of the server.
>
>Anything else I missed, folks?

MailHost doesn't use sendmail, but rather opens a socket to the specified
sendmail host and uses the SMTP protocol to send the messages. This is
somehow prohibited. It looks like there is maybe no SMTP server listening
on the specified address and port, or your machine is not allowed to
connect. You could try and do a manual telnet to the address and port from
the zope_u account and see what happens.

Make sure you also go through the motions, like HELO <hostname>, and such.

--
M.J. Pieters, Web Developer