[Zope] New subscriber: Installing Zope

Kevin Dangoor kid@ans.net
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:14:13 -0500

You can indeed install it. I had originally had a standard telnet
sort of account on a FreeBSD machine. You can basically get a
full-featured Zope if your web provider runs apache with mod_rewrite.
(If they don't have mod_rewrite, authentication is a little bit more
of a headache.)

The thing to beware of is that PCGI starts a long running process
and many hosting companies will not be pleased about this.

Kevin

,-----