[Zope] fsimport HowTo

Milos Prudek prudek@sol.cz
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 19:49:21 +0100

> > I've tried that too. Didn't help. What could be wrong?
> suggest (clutching at straws here) that having '.' in the fsdir attribute might be throwing it?

Well, since that's a symlink anyway, I tried to suck directly from
/home/pes/public_html. Still nothing. I even changed that dir to be
world writable.

> Even more clutching here - did you leave the trailing slash off the fsdir
> attribute?

I tried both.

I'm sure I must be crazy. I summarize what I did:
1. downloaded fsimport.py
2. mkdir /usr/local/zope/Extensions
3. chown nobody:www Extensions
4. chmod /usr/local/zope/Extensions to be rwxr-xr-x
4. copied fsimport.py to /usr/local/zope/Extensions
5. chown nobody:www fsimport.py
6. chmod fsimport.py to be rw-r--r--
7. created External method fsimport inside of ppm
8. put "fsimport" into all 4 fields (Id, Title, Function name, Python
module name)
9. http://www.sol.cz/Zope/ppm/fsimport?fsdir=/home/pes/public_html
10. error "TypeError: read-only buffer, class"

I must have missed something.

--
Milos Prudek