[Zope] Bugs in pcgi-wrapper?

Jeff Bauer jeffbauer@bigfoot.com
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 20:08:36 -0600

Victor Gamov wrote:
>     Today I tryed to install Zope-1.10.2 on my FreeBSD-3.1 with
> Apache-1.3.4 box.  After succesfully installation I try to connect to
> cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/manage and got "file does not exist" error message.
> I look in source code and found that in pcgiConnect() function only
> socket() & connect() are present.  But where is bind()?.  When I fix
> this problem I found new error message "unable to connect".

Victor,

I think your problem lies elsewhere.  The client does not
have to bind a local address before calling connect.  The
connect() function automatically assigns an unused port
to the socket.

You will probably find the problem is much more obvious
than a low-level socket bug.  Check your Zope.cgi paths,
permissions, and Apache configuration.

Good luck.

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.