[Zope] Newbie install Q? and the Zope web site

Kevin Dangoor kid@ans.net
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:24:32 -0500

On Tue, Mar 16, 1999 at 10:10:54AM -0500, Thomas Schruefer wrote:
,-----

| Ok, two questions
|
| 1. What happened to the Zope web site, it seems to have gone down
| yesterday and still is not operating ?

It works from where I'm at. You may want to try
traceroute www.zope.org
(or tracert www.zope.org from Windows)
to see where things are getting hung up.

| 2. I have downloaded ungziped and untared (Zope-1.10.2-linux2-x86.tgz),
| but the install instructions do not seem complete.  I retrieved the
| INSTALL.TXT file from the doc directory and started to follow them, but
| their doesn't seem to be any 'access' file in this distribution.  What's
| more some of the command line options come up as invalid, like -c,which
| the install program quit on saying it was a invalid option.  The -c
| option doesn't even show up in the --help for the installer.

The access file just needs one line of the format "username:password"
and should be in your zope install directory. Since I was using PCGI
with Zope, all I did was just untar it, make it and then copy Zope.cgi
into my web area...

Kevin
`-----

--