[Zope] recursive document oddity

Jordan B. Baker jbb@spyderlab.com
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 01:17:46 -0500 (EST)

Hey zope freaks:

Okay, I am driving myself crazy, maybe I am just doing something silly
(hopefully).

I am trying to write this recursive SQL result DTML (basically a tree):

<!--#in listCategories-->
  <!--#var recurseCategories-->
<!--#/in-->

I have a variable pwd that I want to pass along to recurseCategories..

I tried something like <!--#var recurseCategories(pwd=catID)--> (and in
quotes)

pwd is used in listCategories to get a list of categories in that 'path'

A couple questions:

1. Should I be using a DTML method or a DTML document for something like
this?

2. As I recurse will I lose access to documents in my current folder? I
got a traceback to seemed to indicate that once I was into a certain
depth I couldn't access listCategories.

3. Is there a more Zope-happy way to do this?

-------
Jordan B. Baker -- jbb@spyderlab.com
weaving the web @ http://www.spyderlab.com