[Zope] ZSQL direct traveral question

John Eikenberry jae@kavi.com
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 14:58:22 -0800 (PST)

I've been messing around with using direct traveral on the ZSQL methods.
I'm having a problem getting the traveral to work with anything more than
one level of depth, eg:

http://zope.kavi.com/mem/2/comp_admin/contacts/

Where 'mem' is the ZSQL query (that takes one arg), and the arg is '2'.
But it does work in this case:

http://zope.kavi.com/comp_admin/contacts/mem/2/

Is this a restriction on the use of ZSQL direct traveral, or am I doing
something wrong.

If this is a restriction on how you can use direct traversal, I was
wondering why, and if it'd be possible to 'fix' this. If so, I'm willing
to do it and supply a patch, I assume this is functionality comes from
Zope/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/DA.py, either in the DA.__call__ or in the
Traverse object. I'll have to mess around with it a bit to figure out
exactely whats going on (but I figured I'd ask about it first).

---

John Eikenberry
[jae@kavi.com - http://taos.kavi.com/~jae/]
 will deserve neither and lose both."