[Zope] one 'document' in many 'folders'

Stefan Franke sfranke@cdc-group.com
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 19:19:56 +0100

I just thought a little more about the approach having a pool
and some proxy objects that refer to the pool.

I think it could be made quite neat when using just the
following code for the proxies (DTML documents):

    <!--#var "RESPONSE.redirect ('/pool/'+id())"-->

So you just need to put zope_is_cool inside your pool
and add DTML documents with the above code under
the same id to your folder structure wherever you like.
Just check it out.

Two caveats:
- You have to use DTML documents, not methods, otherwise
  id() refers to the folder's id
- Make sure that zope_is_cool really exists inside your
  pool, or you get an infinite redirection!
  (zope_is_cool is not found in the pool and then sought for
  along the aquisiton path, which refers to zope_is_cool itself,
  which redirects to the pool which ...)

Maybe this could be even generalized to some kind of
"symbolic link" product. Ideas anyone?

Stefan