[Zope] one 'document' in many 'folders'

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:43:22 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Stefan Franke <sfranke@cdc-group.com>
To: <wade@okaynetwork.com>; <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Monday, March 22, 1999 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] one 'document' in many 'folders'

> I just thought a little more about the approach having a pool
> and some proxy objects that refer to the pool.
>
> I think it could be made quite neat when using just the
> following code for the proxies (DTML documents):
>
>     <!--#var "RESPONSE.redirect ('/pool/'+id())"-->

An alternate solution could be something like <!--#var "_.getattr(pool,
id)"--> for your "link" methods. I think this would take better advantage of
acquisition. A document could pick up its headers and footers from the
category, instead of the pool. It does seem like someone could create a
"symlink" product pretty easily.

Kevin