[Zope] Database connections

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:21:22 -0500

On Tue, Mar 23, 1999 at 07:07:42PM +0300, Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> 1. I started Potsgres, then started Zope, then restarted Zope - Zope
> reestablished connections. It's Ok.

Ok, so we don't have a problem here :-)

> 2. I started Potsgres, then started Zope, then restarted Postgres. Zope
> does not reestablish connections: This site is currently experiencing
> technical difficulties...

I agree that if a remote cause forces a database connection to close, it
should attempt to re-open it... that should be optional of-course, but
should be the default.

> 3. I started Potsgres, then started Zope, then went to management screen
> and explicitly close a connection. Zope does not reestablish connections.

Nope, you closed the connection, you have to open it.  This I agree is
the appropriate way to behave.

Chris