[Zope] Counter

Shaw, Howard ShawH@STHS.org
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 13:38:50 -0600

With regard to the IP checking mechanism. Realize that this reduces the
count for machines behind a masquerading firewall and increases the
count for machines on dynamic IP dialup accounts.

If anyone is interested in using this counter but wants to prevent a
given IP from incrementing the counter a second time under any
circumstances, it should not be too hard to modify the code to store the
IPs in an SQL table as (I think) Slashdot does. I have no need for this,
and don't intend to code it, but the code, being Python, is, I think,
clear enough to modify.
Howard C. Shaw III
Programmer/SysAdmin
St. Thomas High School