[Zope] Method icons

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 16:36:49 -0500

Hi all.  Here's a minor issue I'd like to get some opinions on.

  There are some ideas in Zope that cross
  object types in Zope, like folders, methods, and
  content.  We reinforce the idea of folders
  by giving folders icons derived from folder
  icons.  I'd like to do the same thing for
  methods.

  The basic idea is that there should be
  some basic icon that indicates that something is
  a method.

  It should be possible to decorate the icon to
  indicate a particular type of method, such as adding
  angle brackets for DTML or adding a table grid
  for SQL, or OO (or glasses ;) for Python.

  Note that one complication is that the image
  should fit in a 16x16 icon.

I've put some ideas at:

  http://www.zope.org/methodIcons

I'm curious what folks think of these and whether
anyone has any better ideas.

Jim

repeats.