[Zope] Automatically creating instances for each user?

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:41:44 +0200

At 15:59 28/03/99 , Martin Dougiamas wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm new to Zope, but I'm eagerly learning it.  I like the
>paradigm - it seems to fit the way I think.
>
>This is my first post here.  I've hit a snag, and I'm hoping
>someone more experienced can point me in the best direction.
>
>I'm developing an application that needs user-modifiable pages.
>I already have a Zope form where the user can edit text properties
>of an object, and another page that displays those properties as HTML.
>
>My problem is, I want each authenticated user to be editing their
>own instance of this object, and I also want the URL to be the
>same for each user.
>
>eg  fred sees http://host/mypage as fred's editable page
>    mary sees http://host/mypage as mary's editable page
>
>What is the best approach I should take to achieve this in DTML?

AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName() returns the name of the current user. You
could use this in the DTML of mypage to select the object you are working on.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer