[Zope] error in pcgi

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 09:12:01 -0500

> Hello,
>
> my site was working great when suddenly, I got a "Temporarily
> unavailable"
> message.
> The pcgi.log reads:
>
> unexpected out-of-bound data in stdin t[0]=60
>
> several times. I suppose this means that something is writing to the
> stream read by pcgi. I didn't do anything other than
> uploading new versions
> of my DTML Documents to the site. (I have done this all the
> aternoon long).
>
> Have you already seen this behavior? Does someone have an idea of
> where to start to find the problem?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jephte CLAIN,
> Service Informatique CHSR

Usually this means that the Zope process is unable to start up
for some reason (an import error, syntax error, etc.). I'm not
sure how changing DTML document objects could cause this, though.
You didn't happen to change any DTML that is read from the disk
(e.g., HTMLFile objects used from Zope, installed products or
external methods) did you? If so, there is probably a dtml syntax
error that is being raised at startup time.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909