[Zope] multiple SUBMIT buttons for same method, with parameter

Piers Lauder piers@cs.su.oz.au
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 17:18:14 +1000

I can use the following in a DTML document to call a specific method:

  <INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="mymethod:method" VALUE="Delete this item">

But what if I wanted to have lots of them?

I'd like to have multiple SUBMIT buttons, all referring to the same method
but diffentiated by parameter - possible?

Ie: something like:

  <INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="mymethod:1:method" VALUE="Delete item 1">

passing the parameter '1' to 'mymethod', and then later

  <INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="mymethod:2:method" VALUE="Delete item 2">

and so on.

Incidentally, is the ':method' trick documented? - I can't find it in
the DTML guide.