[Zope] Building Zope on BSDI

John Eikenberry jae@kavi.com
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 12:57:33 -0800 (PST)

Has anyone built Zope on a BSDI machine? BSDI doesn't support shared
libraries, so everything has to be statically compiled into python.
I just got it to build (python w_pcgi.py finished), but there doesn't seem
to be a new python binary anywhere with everything compiled in. To get it
to compile, I went through and deleted all the '*shared*' from the 'Setup'
files. Any tips?

As a side note, I was planning on using the binary porting kit to get it
built, then contributing this back to the community. But the porting kit
is still Zope-1.9. Is there any plans to update the porting kit.

Thanks in advance for any help,

---

John Eikenberry
[jae@kavi.com - http://taos.kavi.com/~jae/]