[Zope] upgrading to 1.11

Richard Jones Richard.Jones@fulcrum.com.au
Wed, 05 May 1999 11:25:04 +1000

Last time there was a new Zope version, Anthony Baxter wrote:

"""Ok, has anyone thought about putting together an upgrade guide for
upgrading Zope versions? Steps I'm undertaking:

. install new version
 install ZServer into new version (hm, do I still need to update Folder.py?)
. copying external methods and products from old to new installations
. transferring bobobase. either by exporting the old one, and importing the
new, or by just copying over the Data.bbb. The former is more of a pain,
the latter means you lose any new stuff in the default bobobase.
"""

I tried copying my 1.10.2 var directory to the 1.11 installation and things
broke. I also tried exporting the object (folder). Looking in the management
screen, everything seems OK.

When I tried to use my application I got:

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /opt/zope/Zope-1.11.0pr1-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 255,
in publish_module
  File /opt/zope/Zope-1.11.0pr1-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 165,
in publish
  File /opt/zope/Zope-1.11.0pr1-src/lib/python/BoboPOS/TJar.py, line 281, in
commit
  File /opt/zope/Zope-1.11.0pr1-src/lib/python/BoboPOS/TJar.py, line 200, in
maybe_commit_objects
AttributeError: _p_changed

-->

   So, what is the "true path to upgrading"? I looked in the ZDP's FAQ an all I
found was a quote from DC saying that applications may be retained after
upgrade.

      Richard