[Zope] HEAD Requests

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 05 May 1999 09:45:57 +0200

At 06:17 05/05/99 , Paulo Eduardo Neves wrote:
>Hi,
>
>My Zope isn't accepting HEAD HTTP requests. I'm receiving 404 'Not
>Found' errors. GET requests work as expected.
>
>Is it usual or is a problem with my configuration? Is there any way to
>fix it?
>
>I'm using the source Zope 1.10.2 with Apache 1.3.3 in an AIX4.1 machine.
>
>This is very serious! Search engines robots usually first make a HEAD
>request and, just if the file has changed, makes the GET. If HEADs
>aren't working, my site won't appear in ANY search engine.

Zope 1.11pr1 does return information on HEAD requests, because of it's
webDAV support. The information returned is not always accurate however. It
does not recognize the fact that a GET request on a folder will return a
call to the index_html method (if it exists through aquisition, that is.).
If the index_html document _doesn't_ exist, HEAD still returns a 200 OK...

Hmm.. this all sounds like a bug, where is my bookmark for the Collector..

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer