[Zope] Could we migrate Zope email to a news group?

Paul Jackson pj@sam.engr.sgi.com
Wed, 5 May 1999 08:30:23 -0700 (PDT)

The volume and variety of email on the Zope email lists would
be better managed, I think, in a news group.

Advantages:

    This would make it more visible in DejaNews, where some
    more folks would find us that otherwise wouldn't be as
    likely to stumble on, browse and learn from our old threads.

    It would be less disruptive for folks, like myself, who
    have their email setup to interrupt their work, but who
    turn to news only when ready for a break.

    My news reader is a better tool than my mailer for dealing
    with the selection and following of multiple long threads.

How about creating some such news group as:

	comp.internet.zope
	comp.networks.zope
	comp.infosystems.www.servers.zope
	??

and after it is a voted on and approved, pushing this email list
(and the dev list) to news?

I won't rest till it's the best ...	   Software Production Engineer
Paul Jackson (pj@sgi.com; pj@usa.net) 3x1373 http://sam.engr.sgi.com/pj