[Zope] Could we migrate Zope email to a news group?

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Thu, 06 May 1999 21:04:55 -0500

Ty Sarna wrote:

>In order to be archived on Dejanews, I believe it would have to be
>distributed along with the rest of USENET. The problem with this is that
>it opens the forum up to spamming, off-topic threads, and all sorts of
>other junk. If there was a comp.infosystems.zope, or what have you, the
>volume would probably rise tenfold overnight, with most of it being
>completely irrelevant.
>
>I think the better approach is a semi-private "zope" hierarchy read from
>a specific server, much like microsoft.*, netscape.public.*,
>pilot.*, symantec.*, borland.*, autodesk.*, etc, etc.

DejaNews archives the borland.* hierarchy, too.  I'll bet we could get them to
pick up zope.* with a little judicious whining, along with a complementary copy
of the "client-server edition" of Zope.

Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com