[Zope] Z Classes Question

Jeff K. Hoffman jkhoffman@carolina.rr.com
Fri, 7 May 1999 17:04:52 -0400

Hello, everyone.

I am fooling around with Z Classes, familiarizing myself with 1.11's new
features. First off, let me congratulate the DC guys on some cool new
stuff; 1.11 is looking sharp!

In my playing around, I have run across a situation which has prompted a
question in my mind. Let's say I have a Z Class which is a subclass of
'Object Manager', so it's a container for other objects. Let's call this
class MyFolderClass. MyFolderClass has an 'index_html' method which displays
a simple HTML page.

Now, I create an instance of this class called 'my_folder'. I want to be able
to create a DTML Method, 'index_html', inside 'my_folder', overriding the
default 'index_html' from MyFolderClass. However, when I try to do so, I get
a "Bad Request" error (I can followup with more explicit information,
should it be required.)

Am I trying to do a No-No, or am I running into something which is not
finished, yet?

Thanks,

--jkh