[Zope] More than one Zope site for one Zope installation ?

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Sun, 9 May 1999 21:19:09 +0200

What if Zope used the Host: header field to target a specific subtree?

For example:

  /
    foo.org
      index_html
    bar.org
      index_html

Assuming a request like this:

  GET /index_html HTTP/1.1
  Host: www.foo.org

then Zope could look at a table of virtual server name mappings (such as
www.foo.org -> foo.org -- could be implemented through properties), find
the correct subtree, and assume this to be the server root. So
www.foo.org/index_html would in this case map directly to
/foo.org/index_html.

As far as I can see, Zope currently ignores the HTTP 1.1 Host: header.

Alexander Staubo
http://www.mop.no/~alex/
mailto:redhand@mop.no